Pages

Labels

Monday 8 August 2011

On the brink of a new chapter....


Just under three years ago I started the biggest learning curve of my life so far. University.

The chosen uni – Canterbury Christ Church, and the chosen course – Occupational Therapy.

Over the past three years I have learned an incredible amount – about OT, about myself and about other people. I have changed, developed and matured.

Last week I received my degree classification. I GOT A 2:1!! Very pleased that all the effort that went into my degree paid off and that I overcame all the challenges which I faced.

There have been far too many experiences and treasures which uni provided for me to write down in one post. BUT here are the top four (in no particular order) things to treasure:
·         I met and made friends with some truly amazing people. Whether on my course or at the CU/Churches in Canterbury.
xXx Moi, Katie F and Emma W. xXx

·         I completed all of my placements in fascinating clinical settings and each with fabulous and supportive teams.
·         I went to Kerala, India for two weeks work experience – the trip proved to be the most amazing and humbling experience I have ever had.
·         I grew as a person, as a Christian and can finally say I am ready to be an OT.
·        
So what will the next chapter of my life be??
·         Conventional OT job  in the UK?(when this silly recession ends!!)
·         Moving abroad to practice?
·         Or something more unconventional?

Who knows! What I do know however is that it is all in Gods hands.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

...and from now on I’m dreaming God sized dreams.
BE the change you wish to see in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment